3/17/2013

Summer feeling: bikini or swimsuit?

Although it's grey outside and rainy, I started looking for beachwear yesterday. Not on purpose actually. But I saw a cute bikini @Monki and thought I should see what else is out there. I guess, it's already 3 years ago that I bought my last bikini and it's really about time for a new one. 

I was really surprised how many cute bikinis and above all, swimsuits you can find in the shops. I haven't worn a swimsuit since I left school and all I still have in mind is that those one-pieces weren't really flattering for girls with just little b***s, you know. I think with a bikini you can play a little more...flattering top to enlarge a little and a bottom to hide a little ;-). At least, that's what I did during the last years and all in black, of course! 

But I want to change this now, because of all those beautiful pieces I found - striped, polka dots, animal prints, floral prints, classic cuts, very lovely retro cuts, swimsuits with cut-outs...whatever your heart desires! I guess, I'll go with a bikini and a swimsuit. But I'm not sure which one to take. So maybe you could help here?

Favorite bikinis: 

Monki, Asos, Lisa Marie Fernandez

Asos, Asos

Dolce & Gabbana, Urban Outfitters, Seafolly


My favorite swimsuits (way bigger selection): 

f.l. clockwise: Asos, Dorothy Perkins, Princesse Tam Tam,
Moschino,
Roksanda Ilincic, French Connection, Norma Kamali

f.l. clockwise: Parah, River Island, Emma Cook, Bantu, MinkPink, Monki, Mara Hoffman

MinkPink, Zimmermann, MinkPink

Jets by Jessika Allen White Label, Beach Riot, BamBam
(all pictures via the respective online shops)

So what do you think? Bikini or swimsuit and have you already chosen one? Let me know your personal favorites and where to buy them?! 

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Love and sunshine ;-)
K. 


8 comments:

  1. Great post! Great blog, so I'm a new follower on bloglovin =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it Maybe we follow each other on GFC , Bloglovin' , facebook .. let me know i'llbe so glad !

    Come and see my new post on :
    www.hypnocake.blogspot.com
    = BADER LAMONT FROM CASABLANCA =

    ReplyDelete
  3. I normally prefere wearing bikinis. But you've selected such a lot of great swimsuits that I have to think it over :-) ... Kisses from Vienna,

    Katja

    www.collectedbykatja.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, geht mir auch so. Ich fand Badeanzüge bisher auch nicht so dolle, aber jetzt....;-) LG nach Wien

      Delete
  4. Always bikini! :D Although, swimsuits can look great on photos so I would wear them only for photoshooting :P
    What do you think about following each other on GFC and Bloglovin? :D Kisses :***

    http://marija-fashionblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bikini! :)
    Nice blog, would you like to follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin, Facebook?..
    Please let me know!

    xx Karolina
    CARAMODE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you back, on GFC and Bloglovin too! :D :***

    ReplyDelete